Monday, July 20, 2009

Lose It!

Since I've gotten my new I phone, all I here is people saying they got an app for that. Well it's true, mostly, and I wanted to tell everyone about this app I found that is pretty neat. Lose It! by FitNow Inc. is a weight loss and management tool. When you set it up you enter your starting weight, your ideal weight, and then choose between 1/2 to 2 pounds to loose a week. It then calculates your daily allowable calories. Ok but you say but figuring out my calories from every meal is so hard. Sure but Lose It! includes a listing of just about every food under the sun, including Supermarket name brands, and restaurant foods. With a search feature that lets me type in say tuna salad sandwich and lists options I add it and adjust to match the size of sandwich. Additionally you can add exercise and it has calories burned for just about everying including mowing the lawn, walking the dogs, and more. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and it's really easy and simple. However, last Thursday I went over by about 1000 calories because we ate at Pizza Hut and I had 4 peices of pizza, oops. I had to hit the treadmill for about an hour to burn off the excess calories. You can even add your own foods, exercises, and reciepies. Here are a couple sites with pics and reviews to check it out.
http://www.apptism.com/apps/lose-it
http://www.theiphoneappreview.com/01/lose-it-iphone-weight-loss/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool it this. Sounds like a nice addition to your phone. mom