Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Online Shared Regsiter

Here is something that I created to help Naomi and I keep track of our spending and be able to use with our new web enabled phones. I built a fancy Balance, Register, Category/List and Report in Excel. Then I ported the essentials to Google Docs. The essentials were the balance of our bank accounts, the register, and the categories(not really required though). I then created a form on Google Docs which handles the entering of information into the Register just like a checkbook register. The benefit to this is that both Naomi and I have access to this register where as if we each had our own register we would have to reconcile to each others regularly to get an accurate balance. The information in the registered is then copied and pasted into the fancy one in excel where I can get monthly and yearly spending reports and balance changes on loans, retirement accts, etc. Here are screen shots of the online forms with some personal data blacked out but you should get the idea. Notice the color differences on the balance, a rule is set so that green is show to have a balance greater than $xx.xx and yellow is between that and $xx.xx and then red indicates you're balance is below min yellow amt or negative.

No comments: